Every once in a while you make a side dish that simply eclipses the rest of the meal, our test kitchen happened to do just that the other week. Today we’re bringing you guys yet another delicious way to sample our Jerk Marinade with some jerk seasoned fries. These spicy crispy hand cut fries are the perfect way to elevate a meal.
We truly mean it when we say that these fries make a great side and in the test kitchen we paired them with some slow cooked barbecue pulled pork and ice cold beers for a delicious and wholesome Friday night meal.
- 5-6 Unpeeled Potatoes
- 2 Tbs Jerk Sauce
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil (And more to cover)
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Slice potatoes into your preferred french fry shape (both wedges and standard julienne cut fries work).
- [Recommended] An hour before preparing, soak cut fries in water (this will help them crisp).
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and jerk sauce.
- Drizzle oil and jerk mixture over cut fries, and then slowly drizzle additional olive oil, filling in around the oil-jerk mixture.
- Using your hands, turn the fries repeatedly until they are well coated.
- Cover a baking sheet in aluminum foil and spread cut fries evenly.
- Cook fries in the oven for 35 minutes, flipping halfway.